Monday, October 5, 2020

Things I wish I told myself before

Back in 2017, I had briefly considered writing up a blog about how I felt during the 1st year of my college experience. I didn't do it though. All things considered, I was, just like any other kids out of high school, still trying to feel out what I wanted to do. I didn't know what I wanted to do but I damn well knew  I wanted to be an artist. Being an animator felt gruely, being an book illustrator felt like it didnt pay, and the list goes on. I had a lot of ignorant thoughts stuffed into my brain. Coming from an arts high school, there was this sort of superego I had that stuck with me. "My art had to be great and I'll find more friends", "if I work hard my talents will shine through" were silly little beliefs of what a great place I thought it was going to be stepping into college. I think the first step to making my shiteridan shit experience shit started... simply with myself. 

I dont know if anyone reads blogs anymore but I think i'm gonna keep one. 
This blog is going to be dedicated to art schools, art careers and art mental health.
Lets see if it sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I wish I told myself before

Back in 2017, I had briefly considered writing up a blog about how I felt during the 1st year of my college experience. I didn't do it t...